Content Creator Arabic/English-Social Media Executive
To apply email email@example.com with a cover letter, CV, and preferably portfolio
MonkiBox is an award-winning early learning platform created to help parents everywhere feel confident in giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Our vision is to create a full support system for parents to help make their parenting journey easier.
To achieve our ambitious mission, we are seeking a bilingual Content Producer/ Storyteller (Arabic & English) who has a rich understanding of all different social platforms and is passionate about managing an interactive community of parents to join our team. We also welcome more experienced (or more junior!) candidates as long as you are willing to do the immediate work needed.
You get that creating content and social media is about so much more than simply posting a photo and writing a witty caption.
It’s about strategic thinking, audience engagement, compelling content, story-telling, eye-catching imagery, relevant hashtags, and selling the product to the target group.
- Owning operation of content calendar and maintaining posting schedule for MonkiBox's social media accounts
- Mapping out social media content calendar including coordinating translations.
- Creating unique Arabic/English assets
- Social content execution, including ideating, designing, scheduling and posting feed posts & stories.
- Curate and create content related to MonkiBox’s mission including owned content, UGC, and Influencer Marketing earned content.
- Lead on regularly ideating on how to optimise content that already lives on other content channels such as the blog and the app
- Help organise all curated content and oversee obtaining the proper rights to repost
- Stay up to date on social media trends, the latest best practices across all platforms, and child development research and news.
- Be an investigator who conducts research and uses data/analysis to determine what topics and tactics are inspiring our community.
- Be an intuitive leader who has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and is able to handle projects with ease.
- Be an experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise and engage our followers.
- Be willing to be flexible about hours in regards to pushing content and managing community (some morning, evening, and weekend hours)
• Excellent Arabic and English communication skills are a must
• Social media expertise, especially platforms like Instagram and TikTok
• Design skills. You have an eye for what looks nice and have graphic design and video editing skills
• Experienced: Experience in developing content for key marketing channels, including social media, email newsletters, and video content (we will ask for samples)
• Writing: Stellar writing skills in both Arabic and English; understanding of news writing techniques
• Fundamentals: Understanding of story fundamentals (effective character, trajectory, hook, authenticity/details and calls-to-action)
• Creative Storytelling: Keen sense of newsworthiness (what makes a story interesting from the audience’s perspective)
• Storyboarding experience: Understanding the effectiveness and appropriateness of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how to combine them
• Production skills: Visual, audio and video content creation experience; well-developed eye/ear for best practices in each
• Strong Communicator & Collaborator: Ability to explain MonkiBox's value proposition convincingly and succinctly. A good listener, a strong writer, and a clear professional communicator. Ability to collaborate across teams to reach a shared purpose positively and productively.
• Able to speak to parents: Our primary audience is parents. You don't need to already have familiarity with them, but you do need to be excited to get to know them and create stories and other content that will appeal to them.
• Learning-Minded: Track record of continuously improving upon a marketing approach and processes based on measurable results and the success of strategies/tactics.
• Entrepreneurial: A self-starter and equally comfortable with collaboration and autonomy. Thrives in a growing environment, contributes creative ideas, and takes feedback in stride. You're comfortable with ambiguity.
• Mission-driven: Passionate about social impact, committed to MonkiBox's mission.