Child Development Writer
*Note: Please make sure to include a COVER LETTER that shows off your writing skills! Applications with no cover letters will not be reviewed. You must also include either a link to published writing, or a sample blog post for our website on a child development topic of your choosing (ages 0-3).
Would you like to be part of a growth story in a fast-growing startup? MonkiBox is an award-winning direct-to-consumer education startup. Winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Education Company, we provide science-based play tools for children and content and guidance for parents. Our vision is to create a full support system for parents to help make their parenting journey easier.
MonkiBox is seeking a writer who is passionate about child development and desires a nurturing environment to excel as a writer and learner. Responsibilities include creating engaging content for parents and caregivers, conducting research, and fact-checking content to provide evidence-based developmental information. The ideal candidate empathizes with the needs of new parents, possesses storytelling skills, and has experience in early childhood. Strong organizational skills, a results-oriented mindset, and a hunger to make a direct impact are essential. The ability to adapt to various writing formats, a love for the editing process, and a passion for continuous learning are also desired.
- Research and write child development content using MonkiBox's brand voice and tone, and curate and edit content related to MonkiBox's mission for our blog and social channels. Write posts for our blog, Instagram account, Pinterest, and other platforms and channels as needed.
- Contribute to other writing projects including our play books, marketing copy, children's books, press releases, and more.
- Organize writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines.
- Be an active participant in creative brainstorms for content.
- Collaborate across different teams and departments to fulfill a wide range of writing needs.
- Use SEO strategies and recommendations in your writing to maximize visibility in search results.
- Strong knowledge of a range of early child development topics
- Early childhood development experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities effectively against timelines
- You love writing and can handle tight deadlines. You enjoy proofreading, copy editing, line editing, revising, and generally working to make a piece of writing as meaningful as possible.
- You think parenthood and early childhood are truly inspiring topics to work on, and you have deep empathy for parents. You love babies and little kids.
- You've written a lot—whether it's been formally published, in print, on your own blog, or elsewhere.
- You are able to adjust your writing for considerations including word count, tone, voice, and style.
- You possess excellent communication and relationship management skills.
If you are passionate about child development and want to help families support their children's growth and development, we encourage you to apply for this position below.